Targeted ads on Facebook are a great way to connect with potential audiences for your messages. They’re also incredibly cost effective compared to traditional advertising so it’s worth your while to look into this for your business or organization.
Not everyone has the time to figure out the whole ‘ads-thing’ for Facebook, so I’ve created some easy to follow instructions to help you set up your Facebook Ads Account and then grant access to someone you trust (me!) to run your campaigns. It’s fairly painless. Infact, it’s pretty easy!
To get started follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Go to your Page
- in the upper right corner you’ll see a blue box that will say something like “Manage Ads” or “Set up Ads Account”
- Click it and fill out the form provided
- Then go to the Settings page and click the “Add a User” button.
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to grant access. Note that you’ll either have to be friends with them on Facebook, or if the user has their email privacy set to public, you’ll be able to add the email address associated with their Facebook account.
- Choose the access level and click “Add.” The person you add will immediately be granted the level of access you chose.
Granting people permissions to your advertising account doesn’t give them permissions to log in as you or see things on your timeline that you haven’t shared with them.
You can start with some simple paid promo boosts – little sidebar ads we can target to certain demographics within certain zipcodes.
It’s all pretty cool!